It was very good to have four sets of eyes looking for things that needed to be touched up or things that didn't look right. And to be honest, all four of us found things that the others hadn't seen. Here is the short list of what needs to be fixed before we move in:
- There was a very loud floor noise in the kitchen by the corner pantry that they are going to check out and see if they can find the cause and thus eliminate it.
- There was a screw missing from one of our switch plates in the master bathroom.
- Miscellaneous paint touch ups throughout the house where they forgot to repaint.
- There was a crush mark in our carpet in the living room that will be steam cleaned (basically this looks like a seam but was not and can be steamed out)
- They are going to check the level of the floor in the kitchen (my fiance said he felt a bump in the floor but I didn't)
- The lock on our sliding glass door was not functioning properly (wouldn't lock) the screws were tightened.
- The mirror in the powder room was crooked and would have driven me absolutely bonkers.
- They are going to check on the insulation around the dryer vent to the outside because I could see daylight coming in.
- MOST MAJOR ITEM! There was HUGE crack in one of the floor joists in the basement that looked very scary. Our PM said they will sister another one next to it to give it more support.
- The basement handrail was installed through the drywall and there was nothing holding it in place. There needed to be a brace added between two studs in order to support the screws.
- Our PM had ordered us one new cabinet door for the kitchen because it had a nasty knot in it and the one that came also had a nasty knot so he is going to try for a third!
- The weatherstripping at the top of the garage door needs to be replaced.
- And last but not least there were nail pops in the siding along the back wall that were causing the siding to buckle.
Here are some pictures from the walkthrough, not too many because my camera was being temperamental: