Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ok so I know I have been MIA...but...

WE ARE CLOSING TOMORROW!!! FINALLY!! I am so happy and excited and thrilled to have this whole mortgage process over with.  It has been a very stressful journey.  There was problem after problem with the bank and I had a very hard time handling the stress of the situations so I thought it would be better to stay away from the blog rather than complain about everything going on in my life.  HAHA! So you can thank me for sparing you the last month's worth of complaining.  But everything is all set up for us to close tomorrow and we are super excited!  It was so windy today that the power went out at our new house which made me concerned about the sump pump, but hopefully they got the electric back up and running so our basement doesn't flood for closing day!  Also, our PM was nice enough to call us to give us a heads up about the many shingles that went flying off our roof today due to the SEVERELY high winds.  He said that they would be out fixing many of our neighbors shingles at the beginning of next week too.  My mom is traveling up as we speak to help us paint this weekend.  YES! we decided to paint.  There is no way I can live with white walls for 10 months and I actually like painting so I won't mind the touch-ups I will have to do after the nail pops are repaired.  And while we have decided to paint, have we decided on paint colors?????  Well, yes and no.  :)  We have our bedroom color picked out and one of the guest bedroom colors picked out.  But the hardest color for us to choose was the main living room/kitchen color for the first floor.  I think I have it narrowed down but I still might need to buy a sample before I totally commit to it.  Anyway, I look forward to supplying you with some painting pics after this weekend.  We are having several friends over on Saturday for a "painting party" where we will be supplying pizza and wings!  We won't be moving our furniture for another week or two because we have to find a time when my fiance isn't coaching or playing baseball. :)  Sorry for being gone for so long but I'm back!

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering about you. So glad that the stress is over. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear the stressful part is over and now the fun begins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on closing today. We're still on the fence about painting now or after they fix the nail pops. I'm thinking we may paint our bedroom because that's the only room and color we decided on.

    Have fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. COngratulations girl!!! Its finally time!!!!!!!WE painted our powder room so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo hoo! Be sure to take lots of pictures of your new house and share. Congrats it is very very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on closing!! How exciting. :) We are in WNY too, but since our lot is just a giant hole and a pile of dirt, we didn't have to worry about the winds.

    ReplyDelete